City Commission Reconvenes Tonight
The Safety Harbor City Commission will meet tonight for the first time since the three new commissioners were sworn into office on Monday, March 16.
And judging by the jam-packed agenda, the newly configured commission will have plenty of items to address this evening.
In addition to three proclamations and the recognition of a number of City employees, the commission will again address the advisory board criteria issue after months of debate and discussion on the subject.
In the New Business section of the agenda, the commission will officially the discuss the subject of non-profit rental fees for special events after local artist and Safety Harbor Songfest organizer Todd Ramquist asked the commission to consider waiving rental fees for nonprofits at the March 2 commission meeting.
Also on tonight’s agenda:
- the allocation $12,000 for a permanent public art statue for Mullet Creek Park
- the appointment of three regular and one alternate member of the Planning and Zoning Board
- the appointment of one Third Friday committee member
The Safety Harbor City Commission meets at City Hall, located at 750 Main St. in downtown Safety Harbor.
Tonight’s meeting is open to the public and is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Could Rental Fees For Nonprofits Drive Events From Safety Harbor?
- Commissioners Can’t Agree on Advisory Board Criteria
- Term Limit Debate Gets Tense at SH Commission Meeting
Leave a Comment