The second edition of A Harbor Holiday is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 8, from 5:00-9:00 pm, and once again the free event will feature six holiday themed stops offering family friendly fun, games and plenty of good cheer.
The inaugural Harbor Holiday was a huge hit last year, drawing large crowds to the six stations spread around the city and connected by the Jolley Trolley.
With the second edition of the event right around the corner, officials are planning for an even bigger turnout this year.
“The City of Safety Harbor Leisure Services Department’s elf squad is excited to be offering this community wide celebration for the 2nd year!” recreation superintendent Shannon Schafer said via email.
“A BIG thank you to all of our volunteers, partners and sponsors that truly make this event a magical night in Safety Harbor. The Waterfront Wonderland and trolley support are made possible by Harborside Christian Church, and our sponsors include Harborside Christian Church, Weiss Family Trust, Blake Real Estate, Whistle Stop Grill and Bar, Image 22 Productions, Home Performance Alliance, Kiwanis Club of Safety Harbor, Friends of the Library, Chi Chi Rodgriguez Golf, The Sandwich on Main, Safety Harbor Farmer’s Market, City of Safety Harbor, Safety Harbor Leisure Services Department and the Safety Harbor Public Library.”
A look at the event map featured on the city’s website shows the six themed stops. They include:
Vintage Christmas at the Safety Harbor Museum and Cultural Center, featuring history tours, cider, activities and food vendors
- Waterfront Wonderland at the Safety Harbor Waterfront Park, featuring slides, quad jumpers, a rock wall and bounce houses
- Holiday Story Time at the Safety Harbor Public Library, featuring face painting, letters to Santa, holiday music and games
- Santa’s Workshop at the John Wilson Park Gazebo on Main Street, highlighted by a nighttime market
- A Gingerbread House at the Rigsby Recreation Center, featuring photo ops with Santa, crafts and food vendors
- Holiday Acres at Folly Farm, featuring hay rides, a petting zoo, a luminary trail and more outdoor activities
Of the six stops, the first five are within walking distance each other, and a “Polar Express” trolley will be available to shuttle guests from the Waterfront Park to Folly Farm, which is located on Martin Luther King Jr. Street near McMullen Booth Road.
Eight trolleys will be running throughout the event, and attendees can start at any location and attend as many stops as they choose.
Only service pets will be allowed on the Jolley Trolleys, and open containers of alcohol are prohibited.
While the event is completely free, attendees are encouraged to bring cash or credit cards for the food and merchandise vendors along the route.
Many downtown shops and restaurants will be open, as well.
Like most holiday events in Pinellas County, the crowds could be large and lines could be long, so A Harbor Holiday organizers hope everyone will be patient and enjoy the free holiday festivities!
For more information on A Harbor Holiday 2018, visit cityofsafetyharbor.com/aharborholiday.
If you go:
- What: 2nd annual A Harbor Holiday
- Where: Downtown Safety Harbor
- When: Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018 from 5:00-9:300 pm
- Details: Six holiday themed stops offering family friendly fun and games will be spread around downtown Safety Harbor on what promises to be an ultra-festive Saturday evening. Attendees of the free event can ride the Jolley Trolley from stop to stop or walk from one downtown location to the next, enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of the holidays in the Harbor!
- Info: Visit safetyharborevents.com or call 727-724-1530