Even if you’re not Irish, you’ll be lucky to come out and see all the festivities happening in Downtown Safety Harbor this weekend!
Third Friday Festival, Friday, March 18, 2016, 6:00PM – 10:00PM
Brought to you by the City of Safety Harbor, tonight’s Third Friday Festival will be sure to fill Main Street as festivities begin at 6:00PM. Vendors will line the street with arts & crafts, food, and activities for all ages. Live music will be provided by Under the Willow. Bring your family, friends, dogs, and neighbors to this festival you don’t want to miss!
- Who: City of Safety Harbor
- What: Free admission and live music, shopping and dining experiences vary in price
- When & Where: Friday, March 18, 2016, 6:00PM – 10:00PM, Main Street (from 6th to Bayshore)
- Why: Support the Safety Harbor Museum of Regional History Charity
Slavery to Freedom Play & Community Supper, Friday, March 18, 2016, 7:00PM – 9:00PM
As part of the 3rd Friday Music Series, Slavery to Freedom to Safety Harbor in 1923 is a play written and directed by Frederick Hayes. Doors open at 7:00PM and the performance will begin at 7:30PM. Be sure to stay for the community supper afterwards which will be catered by The Harbor Dish. Free will offerings will be accepted. Please join Hayes in telling this story through music, song, and dance about the Smith family’s journey.
- Who: City of Safety Harbor (3rd Friday Music Series)
- What: Free admission, play performance, community supper
- When & Where: Friday, March 18, 2016, 7:00PM – 8:30PM, First Presbyterian Church of Safety Harbor (255 5th Avenue South)
- Why: Support the Smith Family’s journey to freedom & dinner sponsored by The Harbor Dish
Chalk Fest, Saturday, March 19 – Sunday, March 20, 2016
Come watch artists from around the world perform their incredible talents- live at Chalk Fest. As colorful, realistic illustrations come to life on the streets of Downtown Safety Harbor, live entertainment and vendors will be keeping the whole family entertained all weekend long. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite drawing for the “People’s Choice Award”!
- Who: City of Safety Harbor
- What: Free, Live entertainment, shopping
- When & Where: Saturday, March 19, 9:00AM – 8:00PM & Sunday, March 20, 9:00AM – 3:00PM, Main Street
- Why: Support the arts!
Nolan’s Pub 5K Fun Run, Sunday, March 20, 2016, 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Not ready to stop celebrating St. Patrick’s Day yet? We aren’t! Nolan’s Pub hosts their 4th annual 5k Fun Run This Sunday. The morning will begin bright and early at 9:00AM with a traditional bagpipe performance. This run/walk race will begin at 10:00AM at Nolan’s Pub, through Downtown Safety Harbor, and then back to Nolan’s for a memento and a complimentary beer! For those not of age, and for those of age who also like to go all out, there will be a costume contest awarding prizes to the best St. Patrick’s day outfit!
- Who: Nolan’s Pub
- What: run/walk, live music, dining, costume contest$30 to register, $35 day of
- When & Where: Sunday, March 20, 8:00AM – 12:00PM, Nolan’s Pub (230 Main Street)
- Why: Support local businesses!
Kiwanis Arts & Crafts Show, Sunday, March 20, 2016, 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Be sure to save some energy to come out to the Kiwanis Arts & Crafts show! Artists will display their work along Main Street with one-of-a-kind and hand-made items This show will take place on Main Street from Bayshore to 6th Avenue, from 9:00AM – 4:00PM.
- Who: Kiwanis Club of Safety Harbor
- What: Free admission, arts & crafts show, shopping
- When & Where: Sunday, March 20, 9:00AM – 4:00PM, Main Street (Bayshore to 6th Avenue)
- Why: Support Safety Harbor’s Kiwanis Club!
See you all there!