Due to Executive Order 20-91 issued by the Governor on April 1, 2020, and the Public Health Emergency caused by COVID-19, the City of Safety Harbor has reduced staffing levels in order to maintain proper social distancing as recommended by the CDC. Only essential services are being provided at this time. Until the order is lifted, the following services are being amended by the Public Works, Sanitation Division, beginning Monday, April 13, 2020.
· Spring Clean-Up for the month of April will be suspended.
· Sanitation crews will only service garbage and recycling cans/toters, bulk pick-up will be suspended. This enables pick-up to be completed almost entirely by automated trucks and a single person. Bags or items placed outside of the cans/toters will NOT be collected.
· Wednesday Yard Waste Collection will be suspended.
· Special Pick-Ups will be suspended.
· Residential Dumpster Deliveries will be suspended. Pick-ups of existing dumpsters can be accommodated, but dumpsters will not be returned for additional usage. There may be some delay in pick-up due to limited staff.
Commercial collection, residential garbage collection, and residential recycling collection schedules remain the same. Please help our crews to continue effective residential sanitation services by placing trash and recycling in the cans/toters and placing these receptacles at the curb prior to 6:30AM on your designated garbage and recycling days. We also ask that as a precaution, if you see our staff working in your neighborhood, please avoid directly approaching and maintain proper distance to keep everyone safe during this emergency.