Guess What Day It Is? It’s Time For the Safety Harbor Wine Festival!
The city of Safety Harbor certainly knows how to put on a special event, annually hosting everything from food and music festivals to car shows and holiday parties.
But the biggest event of the year in town, without question, is the Safety Harbor Wine Festival, a large street party for adults who want to sample some of the best vintages from around the world while enjoying the scenic beauty of the city known as the Hidden Jewel of Tampa Bay.
This year is the 12th edition of the event, and as usual, it should pack people in; city officials say the festival regularly draws 12,000 – 15,000 visitors.
The event kicks off at five o’clock this evening and is scheduled to end at 11 p.m., but that doesn’t mean the partying will stop then; many of the local bars and restaurants will be open later to accommodate the revelers who don’t want to go home before their own kids’ curfew is up!
With live music all up and down Main Street, arts and craft vendors filling the downtown district, and enough food and drink options to please a wide variety of tastes, Safety Harbor Wine Festival definitely has something for everyone.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you plan on heading to the event today:
- What: 2013 Safety Harbor Wine Festival
- Where: Downtown Safety Harbor on Main Street, between Eighth Avenue and the intersection of Bayshore Boulevard.
- Time: The event runs from 5 p.m. -11 p.m.
- Cost: Admission is free; glasses of wine cost $3 and $5. Tickets must be purchased separately for the wine.
- Parking: Spaces are available in any of the public city lots, such as behind the Harbor Pointe complex and on 8th Avenue South; at the Marina off Bayshore Boulevard; or on any side streets where public parking is allowed.
- Prohibited: No coolers are allowed
- Permitted: Pets are permitted but not recommended.
- Information: Visit the city of Safety Harbor’s website, or call 727-724-1572.
Be safe and have fun, Harborites, and be sure to look for yours truly walking around with a glass of vino and sporting my new Safety Harbor Connect gear!
Leave a Comment