The All British Autojumble and Field Day.
Now that the holiday decorations are packed away, the resolutions have been mapped out and the New Year is officially here, it’s time to turn our attention to the special events the City of Safety Harbor will host this year.
A couple of months ago, the City Commission approved the calendar of events for 2014, and as usual, it’s jam packed full of fun activities for families and grown ups.
In addition to monthly staple Third Friday Music Series and other recurring events, there are no fewer than 25 major happenings in the Harbor in 2014, including Wine Fest, the Seafood festival, Harbor Sounds and a slew of road races.
Speaking of running, the first big blowout of the New Year is the Best Damn Race on Feb. 1.
Last year, the inaugural edition of the “race for runners, by runners” drew more than 5,000 competitors to the city’s downtown and waterfront areas, and organizers hope to double that mark in 2014.
With all that in mind, here are some of the highlights of the 2014 Safety Harbor Special Events calendar. Plan accordingly!
- Jan. 14 – Senior Expo
- Feb. 1 – Best Damn Race
- Feb. 22 & 23 – San Gennaro Festa
- Mar. 7 & 8 – Seafood Festival
- Mar. 22 & 23 – Bloom n Art Chalk Festival
- Mar. 16 – Nolan’s Pub St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Mar. 29 – St. Baldrick’s Foundation Event
- Apr. 4-6 – Safety Harbor Art & Music Center Singer/Songwriter Festival
- Apr. 12 – Family Pet Walk and 5K Run
- Apr. 26 – March of Dimes March for Babies
- May 10 – Running For All Children
- May 17 – Blake Real Estate’s Paddle for the Kids Race
- June 7 – Draft Dash 5K
- July 4 – Parade
- Sept. 27 – Thin Mint 5K
- Oct. 4 – Harbor Sounds
- Oct. 25 – All British Car Show
- Oct. 31 – Main Street Trick or Treat
- Nov. 1 – Wine Fest
- Dec. 5 – Tree Lighting
- Dec. 6 – Snow Fest
- Dec. 20 – Holiday Parade